Sunday, April 19, 2015

Numbers Numbers Numbers...

      If you have never been to a Disney park, you are missing out. Disney has things for all ages! I'm in high school and I still wish I lived there. I mean they have the classic Peter Pan rides and Dumbos and The Haunted Mansion and not to mention all the characters that hang out around the park. Last year its 11 parks around the world provided nearly a third of its $45 billion revenue and 20.7% of its $10.7 billion operating profit. So what is the secret to their success?

      In total they attracted 132.5 million guests according to the 2013 global attractions attendance report.  The total was more than double the 59.8 million who visited Disney’s closest rival, British business Merlin which runs the Legoland and Sea Life parks. Disney’s other competitor, Universal Studios, is third in the global attendance rankings but has a fraction of its visitor numbers. Last year Universal attracted 36.4 million guests which may sound like a lot but, to put it in perspective, it is just under double the 18.6 million who visited Disney’s Magic Kingdom in Florida.

      But what makes it Disney so popular? Stay tuned for the next blog post to learn more!


2 comments:

  1. It's interesting for me to read these numbers on Disney and Universal's park population, because I went to both parks on vacation when I was about 9 years old, and I distinctly remember the Disney lines being much longer than Universal's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Disney was popular ,but that has huge numbers! It is really interesting though, things I never imagined. I love this keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete